1922 Soap Making Manual (Free Download)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniej

Reaction score
I stumbled across it last night. It's geared for making tons (literally) but contains lots of great info. And you can't beat the price! :D

There's lots of info on things like bleaching oil, use of fatty acids, uses of potash, soda ash, etc... They also go into detail about different types of soap, like laundry soap, soap flakes, etc...

http://books.google.com/books?id=HOJIAAAAIAAJ&pg

I started on the first chapter, very well written. I don't know why i had an initial prejudice that the book would be much less technical.

uhmmm - how do I download the book? Sorry - I seem to missing something and would love to be able to read this.... :oops:

Lindy said:
uhmmm - how do I download the book? Sorry - I seem to missing something and would love to be able to read this.... :oops:

Click the link donniej gave then on the left hand side below the picture of the book there are two buttons ....... click the one saying Download PDF. Then select save as in the pop up window.

Be sure you remember where you saved it to.

Val

Lindy said:
Same here. I am only able to see snippet preview.

Val said:
Click the link donniej gave then on the left hand side below the picture of the book there are two buttons ....... click the one saying Download PDF.
There is no button download PDF for me. :(

andreja - thanks for the hyperlink - I went straight there and am downloading as I post - thanks muchly again!

This manual is great - and it even answered my questions on Sodium Carbonate as the caustic agent in soap! Apparently it is possible, it's a long process but possible!

tincanac said:
This manual is great - and it even answered my questions on Sodium Carbonate as the caustic agent in soap! Apparently it is possible, it's a long process but possible!

Ironically it was your post that made me curious... and that's how I found it :D

Cool! Thanks! Now I have some bedtime reading material. For some reason I have to read something educational before I can sleep. :D

Latest posts

Back