Hubby bunkered down for cyclone..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derpina Bubbles

Reaction score
So what's one of the last things he says before he says "love you" and goes out of contact on lock down, ready to ride out a cyclone in the mine? "Oh hey, that last soap you made and sent up with me is a bit scratchy". Ok. Yep I'm all about the soap but dude, really? He's getting into this stuff worse than me.

Just like to say in my defence the soap is meant to be exfoliating and is not too scratchy and he's a big sensitive wuss. I'll be up all night stressing so will reformulate something for his delicate hide.

Good luck Mr Sensitive xxx

I love the image this puts in my head. Some burly worker who while fleeing into a mine to shelter from a cyclone takes the time to call the wife to tell her the soap is a little scratchy on his sensitive skin. He doesn't happen to sport a hard hat and a big cop style style mustache does he?

LOL Hard hat check, pass on the facial hair. They have a clean shaven rule due to the need to wear masks that must seal around their faces when out in the pit (asbestos dust). He can bust some moves on the dance floor but would stop short at doing the YMCA (I think). I can now see him and the crew all doing that though in hi-vis. He once did Madonna's "Don't tell me" with a hard hat instead of a cowboy hat in the pit for laughs.

He's still in lock down, no news.

Derpina Bubbles, your husband sounds a lot like mine! I made a coffee soap with ground coffee as an exfolient that I thought was nice and scrubby. My husband's feedback was, "It feels like the tips of little knives digging into my skin! You should really warn people about that soap!" He won't use any soap with natural colorants which he finds "too scratchy." He also prefers soaps that are extra conditioning, unless it's a soap designed to be degreasing for his hands after he's been working on cars or some other manly task.

Ha! it was a mocha/coffee soap with ground coffee in it that Mr sensitive was complaining about too. He liked the one I made with ground walnuts in it though. So conclusion is coffee for the ladies, nuts for gentlemen *blinks innocently*

I hope you hear from him soon, what sort of mining is he involved in? Opals???? Gooold? :D

He's still in the red zone, it's a slow moving beast.

He used to mine pink diamonds :thumbup: but I never got one of those :cry:. Now it's Iron Ore. Sexy sparkly pretty iron ore. Did I make it sound good?

My bf complained that the basil soap I made was too scratchy and hurt his hands. I don't get it, I've got super delicate weak skin (thanks to genetic disorder) and I kinda like the way it feels!

Hope your hubby fairs well. I to have ultra sensitive skin. I've tried coffee, finely ground milling spice and oats.,. And, I'm afraid I'm a wuss, too. Oh, and corn meal... It all feels like sand paper to me, except on my hands or feet, so I sympathize. If you find anything mild, I'd love to try it. Again, hope all are safe.

My DH couldn't stand the lemon poppyseed soap because it hurt his tender skin. I bet in the 25 years he spent in the Navy had to be terrible for him!

men can be such wusses, can't they???

hope you hear from your husband soon!

Ooops sorry forgot to update this. Mr Sensitive came through the cyclone fine. The door to his room kept popping open and the tree behind him came down but missed the structure. His only injuries are imagined abrasions from the nasty scratchy soap. I'll make him some Neapolitan M & P for when he gets back to soothe him. Big galoot prefers those to my CP efforts :roll:

Back