Hot process soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do most HP and love it. I do not add sodium lactate, but do a full water discount. I do mine in a crockpot. I start out on high and get all my oils to trace. Once I reach trace, I cover the pot turn it down to low and watch it for about 20 mins. to make sure it turns on itself. After it turns, I stir it real good put the lid back on, turn the crockpot off and let it sit for about an hour. Let it cool down some add SF, color and scents. The most important part is to not to over stir that and keeping it uncover causes dry soap. I stir my soap ONCE. My soap comes out fluffy and moist every time. I love the marbled look that HP has. Hope that helped.

Yep. I mixed the heck out of it, and I would definitely say it was a thin applesauce consistency.
I also detected a very, very faint ammonia smell. Could that have been from the goats milk?

Yep, sure was but a nice cure and that should be gone.

I have done HP occasionally. Mostly I do it when I'm using essential oils that don't do well in CP.

Latest posts

Back