First Recipe Feedback

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger

Reaction score
This is what I am planning for my first recipe. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on anything I might want to change (other then the fact that I am planning on four oils in my first recipe ;-) ) I think it looks fairly well balanced, the only thing I might be concerned about is that it might be a little low on lather. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

CPSoap1.jpg

Looks like it will be a pretty creamy and moisturizing bar. I can't wait to see your pics when you get to make it!

Right. As a general rule the harder the bar the less lather. Sacrificing one or two points for hardness will get you a touch more lather. I spose you could always add a pinch of salt if you want to bring back the hardness a touch.

Go for it. Looks good, you should not have any problems but it will be soft so do not unmold for at least 24 hours. My numbers are real close to that and I am setting mine outside to unmold so it is slightly frozen so I can cut it.

Back