Help with bubble bath bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoe

Reaction score
Hi i have been trying to make bubble bath bars with no luck :cry:
this is prob a stupid question but the sls that i got is in a noodle form(is that normal)
or does it come in a powder to?? anyway they dont seem to desolve and the finishd product
always look c##p. am i ment to crush the noodles up(none of the recipies say to do this)??
please help thanks xx

I've only bought sodium lauryl sulfate in powder form. But I have heard of it coming in "noodle" or "needle" form. I'm not sure how you're supposed to work with them, but I saw on another forum, someone having the same problem as you about them not dissolving. That person ended up switching to powdered form instead.

Thank you, going to try crushing them up first(got a big Bag)
not sure why they sell them in noodles. thanks again x

Have you tried melting the needles in propylene glycol, oil or cocoa butter. I think they melt better if they are mixed with another liquid. I have worked with SCS Noodles and they do take quite a while to melt.

i used them as i was feed up with the powder getting on my chest, if you find them hard to use get the powder and do 1/2 and half, didnt find it made that much diffident's to the product may change your other products to work with it cocoa butter will take a little longer to harden but will bind them better

Back