Adventures in Baking - the Macaron Edition

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to create the perfect macaron. Well, I'm still not there but I'm really happy with my last batch. These are Triple Lemon Macarons. The shells are lightly flavoured with lemon; the filling is lemon buttercream and freshly made lemon curd.

Triple Lemon Macarons by Ev Skae, on Flickr

They look amazing!

I tried making them sooo many times and failed every time.

I made white choc mud cake yesterday. That I can't stuff up easily. :D

My mud cake recipe is just layering chocolate pudding, cool whip, and crushed Oreos. Super simple and super addictive.

I love watching The Great British Baking Show (and its American cousin), and whenever the M word is mentioned the tent seems to fill with fear, panic, and dread. My takeaway from that is macarons are HARD to master and I am impressed by your work and devotion - these look delicious!

I love watching The Great British Baking Show (and its American cousin), and whenever the M word is mentioned the tent seems to fill with fear, panic, and dread. My takeaway from that is macarons are HARD to master and I am impressed by your work and devotion - these look delicious!

Thanks! It's not that they're hard, per se. There are only a few ingredients. They are, however, finicky. Even the weather can affect the outcome. I will say this, though. Even if they're not perfect, they still taste really decadent.

Back