Is it weird to buy soap when you make it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny thing about that movie....is that is my real name. Ni. haha

since starting soap making, I haven't bought any soaps from local soap makers. I think if I bring MORE soap in the house instead of getting rid of some, my bf would kill me. maybe after Christmas when my soap stash has been decreased a bit.....

Bwhahaha That's epic! Ni! That would be so funny watching the movie.

You have way more restraint than me with the soap, the stuff just jumps in my shopping basket I swear!

I aways buy hadmade CP soaps when i see them, then photograph and keep the packaging!!
Mentioning soap from Afghanistan reminds me of seeing some soap that was sold in a craft fair that was apparently made in Turkey. It was in the shape of fruit, - bananas, apple and orange and beautifully packaged. The texture and colours was exactly like the fruit, when i looked at the list of ingredients it listed only talowate. I asked the vendor what else and he said "nothing else, pure oils of Turkey". How many turkeys does it take to make a bar if soap? Lol. I didn't buy them.

Photographing the purchases is a clever idea, which is why I never thought of it. I googled pure oils of Turkey. It got a little weird.

No pictures of fair maidens? So sexist to just concentrate the men!

But as for soaps, I think I'd buy something that looked interesting. A lot of things posted on this site look very good.

I have to say, I started this as a way to make some good manly soap, but The Admirable Lady keeps on looking at things for me to replace: "if you can find a recipe for [insert product here], then I wouldn't have to worry about buying any more.........................". I'm quite happy, as it means I can then indulge in my obsession whilst being a good husband :thumbup:

Now come on, if you have a couple of beers, squint and blur your eyes and ignore the facial hair, that guy on the horse could totally pass for a fair maiden.

So you make many things other than soap? Got to love a multi skilled husband. I've tried a few things like shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, liquid soap and the usual basic suspects but always come back to soap. I should stick to soap. Derp Lather ( I decided the husband had to be called that now as it's my match, like you have yours lol) never asks for products, he just gets them forced onto him. He suffers greatly.

There's not one single thing I can say in my own defense. Nada. LOL I looked through my folder and I couldn't find a single picture with some of the ladies in it! I should have taken pictures of some of them and I thought I had, but... but there were just so many knights and so little time!! :lol:

*Giggling like a little school girl*....

Wanna see another?? :D

Yes, oh yes.

No pictures of fair maidens? So sexist to just concentrate the men!

I found this randomly on google just for you!

Aly-And-AJ-Michalka-Renaissance-Fair.jpg

long before i make my own soap, my mom has been soap crazy. crazy as in she would buy all the soaps that catches her eyes, especially those with neat packaging. at one time, my parents collected hotel soaps from all around the world every time they traveled :D we had big jars of them in our bathrooms (we moved houses, and i don't know what happened to those soaps). my dad had passed away, and my mom no longer collected hotel soaps, but she still buy soaps. she likes them strong scented, the stronger the better. weird nose she has. every time i'm making a batch for her she would always say, more fo, more fo.. it drives me nuts, lol! i refused to do cp for her now, as she never gets satisfied with the scent. only hp, from now on.

we have 1 cabinet in our bathroom dedicated to her soaps (i should take a photo some day). she prefer storing them as oppose to using them. now that i make my own soaps, her soap craziness is getting worse, esp. if she likes the packaging, then she would buy it for me to look at. i have to say, her craziness is contagious. and just like her, i prefer storing the ones i bought, rather than using them :D

long before i make my own soap, my mom has been soap crazy. crazy as in she would buy all the soaps that catches her eyes, especially those with neat packaging. at one time, my parents collected hotel soaps from all around the world every time they traveled :D we had big jars of them in our bathrooms (we moved houses, and i don't know what happened to those soaps). my dad had passed away, and my mom no longer collected hotel soaps, but she still buy soaps. she likes them strong scented, the stronger the better. weird nose she has. every time i'm making a batch for her she would always say, more fo, more fo.. it drives me nuts, lol! i refused to do cp for her now, as she never gets satisfied with the scent. only hp, from now on.

we have 1 cabinet in our bathroom dedicated to her soaps (i should take a photo some day). she prefer storing them as oppose to using them. now that i make my own soaps, her soap craziness is getting worse, esp. if she likes the packaging, then she would buy it for me to look at. i have to say, her craziness is contagious. and just like her, i prefer storing the ones i bought, rather than using them :D

*Cuts to the movie dream sequence with seven on the psychiatrist's couch shaking back and forth saying "no more fo, no more fo".

Actually that sounds a little street to me now I think of it. My Mum had a hanging basket in the bathroom filled with decorative soaps (you just reminded me) that we weren't allowed to use. They would get dusty so you'd have to clean them and get teased by the fragrance but noooo, couldn't actually use them like a normal soap. I think the source of our soapy addictions may have been traced. Our respective parents. I had completely forgotten about that rotten basket! I thank you and will be on the phone to my Mother in just a moment.

Hey new saying for ya, "Just say no, to more fo". Ok ok I'll go.

I but other peoples soap and I do use it. I like to see how it differs to mine and for inspiration. Especially when it it comes to fragrances.

I but other peoples soap and I do use it. I like to see how it differs to mine and for inspiration. Especially when it it comes to fragrances.

^this.

My shower is hilarious too. Over my vacation time this week I plan on hardcore cleaning my shower because I have let the soap scum go for a bit...which means I will need to decide what bars of soap are due to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back