Pictures from vacation in Croatia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOMH...that experience was probably my first gustatory memorable experience in my life. Favorable, that is. There was the time when my mom was anemic and we ALL ate liver. No onions, no wine, just liver and I'm sure it was overcooked as was all meat back then. That experience did not go well. Thank goodness for 2 dogs under the dining table....

Thank you so much for all the kind words! Yes, that's me in the pictures! It almost looks fake there it was just so gorgeous.

TOMH, thanks for sharing that you are from there! It truly is a beautiful place. The person we were with that grew up there left in the 90s and still knew many people living there so that was interesting to see.

CTAnton, I had a hard sheeps cheese while I was there! It was quite good even though I don't typically like sheep and goat cheeses! I tend to like the harder aged ones as a general rule. However, I did have this suuuuper soft almost butter like cheese while I was there that was divine! I forget the name of it though!

Fuzz-Juzz, I didn't visit that park to my knowledge. We did visit Ston (about an hour away from Dubrovnik) while we were there but that's as far as we went! We climbed the wall there that used to protect the salt collected from their salt marshes (like gold for them!).

Carabou, I've been to Alaska before and both are beautiful but Alaska looks more awe inspiring and breathtaking to look at. It looks so untouched.

Where I was in Croatia was just as beautiful but it had a different feel. It's hard to explain. I almost felt as if I was connecting with history staying in the city. Even on the island where no one lived (it's a botanical garden and a trail with access to the "beach") you saw very old (possibly Roman) roads. Everywhere you went there was a reminder of history.

Alaska has untouched beauty, Croatia had historic beauty.

There isn't much of a story with the dinner plaza but I'll explain it! That was the very first day I was there, and I had had about 2 hours of sleep from travel. We decided to get coffee on the Main Street. I had tea of course since I don't drink coffee. I took that picture as the sun was fading. All of the buildings have those beautiful golden lights on them. The weather was balmy. It felt almost like I was indoors! I took that picture because I didn't think I would remember just how pretty it looked that night. I added a picture of my tea from that day.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1469313789.987343.jpg

I have pictures coming out of my ears we took so many! The man who grew up there shared all the pictures he took of us so I think I ended up with close to 900 pictures from the week? Lots a duplicates and I'm still missing the ones from my favorite day when we visited the island of Lokram.

Back