Christmas Tree Scent for Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I bought a small amount of a basic pine FO that I intend to use in a "Christmas Tree"-type scent. So far, I've also included a little eucalyptus, cedarwood, and patchouli EOs into my mix, but I feel like it needs a little something else to keep it from just being a straight-up tree scent (do people want to smell trees in the shower? I didn't ask myself that question before buying the FO! :))

Any suggestions for additional FOs or EOs I can incorporate to give it a little more depth? I tried orange EO, and it didn't mesh well.

Thanks!

Maybe something green and a bit floral, like geranium or rose geranium? Just a touch, don't want it to overpower the evergreens. Cinnamon would also be a possibility, I think, and more in line with a Christmas type soap.

In my experience, no, people do not want to USE a tree scented soap, however, they will sometimes buy to put in the bathroom for the scent.

As someone mentioned, I'd add a fruit/berry scent in there and that will help it.

Bergamot
French Lavender
Petitgrain?

All top notes, but I think they would hold through the season. If you have any floral FOs try them too.

Saw these included in a similar fir & cedar blend, smelled amazing:
Juniper, Vetiver, Sage. I don't think there was eucalyptus in the mix though.

I totally switched it up. Right now, I have a blend of pine, a fougere FO, a spice FO, lavender, and patchouli "mingling" right now. I really like it, even though it's not really a Christmas Tree scent. It's pine... but with a spicy, herbal kick. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Latest posts

Back