Practical Advice for Evenly Blending EO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayBoy

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning to make 2oz batches of EO. The recipe contains about 5 different oils.

Any thoughts on how best to blend the oil so it's evenly distributed?

Is it 5 different EOs that you want to add in exactly the same proportions? If that's the case, do 20% of 2 ozs (.4 oz per EO) and add that much of each EO to the mix.

I'm hoping I interpreted your question correctly...

Mix your EOs in the desired proportions, and add a carrier oil. You could probably use a portion of any fixed oil going into your product. Jojoba is what I use, diluting the EOs to 50%. Adding as little as 25 or even 10% of the carrier oil might be enough. Apply some gentle warmth- body heat is generally enough. I carry the (very tightly closed!) bottle around in a pocket for half an hour or so. Give it a good swirl, or even a shake and you should have a nice, even distribution. It occurs to me though, that you'll probably wind up with a big bottle. So, warm water bath. Not so hot it's uncomfortable to stick your hand in.

I can't add a carrier oil in this case, but very good point about the warm water bath. I could put it in the bath, then turn it upside down for an hour.

Back