Mad Oils performance notes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Not a lot of info on Soap Scent Review forum or on our spreadsheet here.

Here are the ones I have, I haven't soaped them...yet! Looking for info on acceleration, discoloration or morphing.

Arabian Nights
Dragon Blood
Golden Embargo
Hedonic Tonic
Jasmine
Orange Blossom
Snow Witch
Vanilla Milk
Velvet Peppercorn

Vanilla Milk will discolor. I am actually remaking that one tomorrow.
Hedonic Tonic soaped beautifully
Golden Embargo also soaped beautifully as did Arabian Nights.

I have Dragon's Blood, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Snow Witch, and Velvet Peppercorn but I haven't soaped them.

Last edited:
I have used Golden Embargo and Hedonic Tonic. No acceleration with either one. GE did discolor to a dark tan for me, but the color goes nicely with the fragrance. No discoloration at all with HT, and it has stayed super strong in my soap.

BTW I tried to use the discoloring to my advantage with Vanilla Milk by adding TD and doing a 3 level color. WRONG. It looks like a hot mess. So I am going to let it do it's thing when I make it again.

bbrown, I have been interested in Vanilla Milk. Can you compare it to any other vanilla?

It's one of the best vanillas I've found. It's sweet and you do detect milk but there is a slight caramel to it. Very rich and smells excellent in lotion. I've never smelled anything like it. And there is no sickeningly sweet tone to it.

Not a lot of info on Soap Scent Review forum or on our spreadsheet here.

Here are the ones I have, I haven't soaped them...yet! Looking for info on acceleration, discoloration or morphing.

Arabian Nights
Dragon Blood
Golden Embargo
Hedonic Tonic
Jasmine
Orange Blossom
Snow Witch
Vanilla Milk
Velvet Peppercorn

Hedonic Tonic soaped like a dream with no ricing, or acceleration. Same for Snow Witch which is my fave from them! I'd like to get my hands on their Dragons Blood and Orange Blossom though... I mostly use their micas since their prices on FO's are a bit steep for me sometimes.

Back