Soap Mold Recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue1965

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some input on your favorite type of molds to work with. I would like to invest in a few new ones and have been looking online. Do you have a favorite supplier that you can recommend with a good selection? I have a silicone loaf mold which is fine, but doesn't allow me to make larger batches. I also have the verticle mold from brambleberry and a silicone mold for individual bars which I haven't used yet. For those of you that have wooden molds, how do you like them?

I'm going to build a wooden mold. Lowe's has furring strips for $2.00, I think it's 6 or 8 feet long x 1/2" thick x 4" wide. I'm just going to buy a silicon mold liner and build the box around it Why pay $50.00 for a mold when you can build it for $2.00, plus the cost of the mold? BB's silicon liner for a 2 pound mold is $10.00.

Last edited:
I checked out the mold liner and your idea is super budget friendly. I don't want to spend a ton of $ on molds but I want something decent. I'll have to check out our Lowe's over the weekend...looks like I might have a project in store for the hubby ;) Thanks for the tip!

I use 6lb wooden scrap molds my husband built me and line them with freezer paper from the dollar store. I just can't get with spending money on silicone molds.

Latest posts

Back