what does rancid hp soap look like

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used the search function and read alot of the April 4th, 2009 threads about the issue

Oh goodness. That is not something you want to hear after you have eaten your dinner "Did that meat taste spoiled to you?" Have you already sold the soap in question?

If you have, or if they are in a shop, you realy need to get those back untill you can tell the difference between rancid & non rancid soap.

Um, not being nasty, but I think you were warned about this, and you chose not to take any notice. :shock:
I hope that this hasn't happened to any of the soap that you were selling. That could ruin your chances of continued business with these shops.

What do you mean by rancid? Does the soap smell funny? Look funny?
Orange spots? Please describe what you are talking about.

I hope this wasn't the smushy bars you cut.

Was this something you made? Please tell us you aren't selling your own soap.

Yikes - I feel for you - first mice , now maggots - but I reckon it cant get any worse - CHIN UP!

Dixie said:
DOS=Deliberate Offensive Sarcasam

This isn't The Dish
Oh Dixie, that wasn't sarcasm. My sarcasm is much more subtle.

I was simply asking so that I could judge her level of experience, knowledge, and expertise - and then I could tailor my guidance to fit the situation.

But perhaps you haven't gotten to know me well enough yet in the month you've been here.

Dixie said:
DOS=Deliberate Offensive Sarcasam

This isn't The Dish

:lol: , excellent, :lol:

I know dos is dreaded orange spots, and I did the search function, so I know what the appropriate answer is

LJA said:
Dixie said:
She's probably gone now LJA. I sent her a PM, no response.

Color me surprised.

I have a bad habit of logging on, and wondering in and out the room and sometimes the house. I love my dish inspired friends, I love my nice friends even more, but I have love none the less, :lol: :D :shock:

I was looking at all my soaps as I was boxing them, and the hp's have tightened up and darkened, thats the best way to describe it. But I went back over old threads, so basically it's moisture leaving my hp soaps and that the resulting salts and the use of lye, doesn't necessarily require the use of perservatives in soap.

In soap making I've learned there is one standard for me and then there are regular answers, in my next life, I think I'll join a quilting bee and really start a bar fight :twisted:

soapbuddy said:
DottieF. said:
Since you are selling your soap, shouldn't you already know something as basic as that? Dottie

I agree.

:p I am selling, giving away, hooking up with other folks trying to breaking into bath and body...

just yesterday, two young women were in the corner store, selling cheap body spray and lotion from duffle bags. I ran and got my cards, for my daycare, my soap business, and my "preschool prom" and I told them that if they ever wanted to share a vending table with me or learn how to make soap to call.

I NEVER KNOCK THE HUSTLE :wink:

Back