Rainbow Pencil Lines

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerGeorge

Reaction score
Here's my most recent try at interesting soaps for a friend who can't use scents. Rainbow pencil lines with mica. No indigo, but I probably couldn't have done 8 white pours anyway because they would have been too small. I'm pretty pleased with it for a first try, though if I tried it again I would make the white in two passes. All that layering took about a half hour and by the end it was too thick to pour, resulting in the especially bumpy last couple lines.

iAhHFkW.jpg

8GRz22t.jpg

That's an intriguing use of pencil lines, BG. The rainbow colors are really attractive, especially against the beautifully white base soap. Well done!

That trick with using bottles or piping bags or ziplocs for the scale design also works pretty well for making nice, thin even layers. Just start with your batter thin enough so the soap can just dribble out of your container without any pressure, and get right down by the surface of the soap with the tip. If you use a bag, cut your hole as small as you can and still have soap drip out without you squeezing. Pipe in a layer, tap the mold to smooth.

That is gorgeous soap.

Latest posts

Back