How much Essential Oil do you add to liquid soap base?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is easy to make liquid soap from scratch.I would ask the company if the information about essential oil load isn't available.

PS a true castille LS or regular soap would use only olive oil for the fats.
Thats just a liquid soap IMHO

Hi, everybody. Thanks for the great answers, and yes, that's right about this not being true castile soap. Looks like it's made with good ingredients, but no olive oil at all! From what I've read, I agree that it doesn't look difficult to make liquid soap from scratch, but I'm concerned that it's time-consuming. I'll start a new thread about that. Thanks again!

Hello, all.

I'm sorry it took me so long to follow-up on this! I did decide to buy the liquid soap base as mentioned in in my original post. I contacted New Directions, and they suggested adding the peppermint essential oil at 4-5%. I did 5%, and it's a little strong, but not bad. I think 4% is a good amount. Overall, I'm happy. It was so quick and easy, and it's organic. For me, this is better than making it from scratch.

Thanks again, everyone!

Back