Slippery, slimy soap needed. Any suggestions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a bar that is very little cleansing but gives are really nice slick / slimey feel. Bubbles/Lather isn't soo important (from 1-100 20 would be fine) but some would be nice. Hard is good.

Has anyone had any "oops" soaps where something like this was the result or have some suggestions as to what may help attain this?

My calculation program shows bubbles and lather as qualities. Can anyone tell me what is the difference? It kind of seems to be the same thing but most oils it is an either or, or the qualities are split between the two somehow.

Castile seems the most obvious choice. I don't know if you can get slicker and more slimy than that. Low cleansing, hard as a rock, low lather. Or you could go 90-95% OO and the rest as castor or coconut if you want a little bit of bubblage.

Another vote for Castile or any soap over 80% olive oil. I like the "slimy" (I call it lotion-like) feel, so recipes like that are my go-to bars.

Water discount that a good bit to get it to harden faster so you can remove it from the mold or log faster. 25% water is not extreme when making a pure Castile.

You can use 1 tsp PPO honey or sugar to slightly increase lather, or as Newbie said, use 5 to 10% coconut or castor to increase bubbles. Coconut will help it harden a little faster, castor won't.

Do you want slick or slimy? I really dislike castile, its slimy and snotty. I make a 80% lard, 20% coconut that is very slick but not slimy at all, it has decent lather and is very hard.

I made laundry bar for my friend she can't have coconut oil so I used 90% olive oil and 10% castor oil. I used Hot Process and turn bubbly and very hard bar it's very hard to cut. No slimy feeling at all.

Back