I made lotion!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, after the first failed batch (used cetearyl alc, not an actual emulsifier) I got hold of some proper stuff and went back to it.

Wow! What a difference it makes. At first I was worried because it didn't seem to be thickening at all, but I noticed that the lotion that cooled off on the spatula etc was then pretty lotion-like from texture.

Oil phase was 15% avo oil and 5% Shea butter. 73.5% water - so it's pretty middle of the road for thickness, maybe too thick for a real face lotion but still a good 'jack of all trades'

I also took some and added in some zinc oxide to make some smear-on deo. Should be better than the baking soda one

The Admirable Lady is very happy.

Congratulations! I'm still fiddling with formulating one for myself. You've inspired me to get off my bum about it and make one during the foosball game tonight when I'm practically guaranteed to have the kitchen all to myself!

Congratulations, it's such a great feeling when your recipe works out. I enjoy making creams and lotions too. They are so much better than anything you can buy in a shop. Avocado oil is one of my favourite oils, my skin loves it. You should try avocado butter, it's scrumptious.

My favorite is face lotion with 80% water and macademia oil. It is dry , you put it on and go:)) It is quiet satisfying to make lotions at home. I should do it 20 years ago, instead of spending fortune on creams they had not work rather the opposite. ......
Congrats on your lotion, way to go

Latest posts

Back