What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tropical Beach Sunset!
My failed ombré soap looks ok if I give it a title such as this.
And because it smells like frangipani it works on so many levels.
Signed,
Not So Disappointed Kiwi
View attachment 37212 View attachment 37213

Those are super pretty! I don't see the fail. They look beachy :) Lots of water/ocean/beach soaps here lately. Those just look So refreshing, Kiwi!!

My love affair and experimentation with lotion bars continues. Tonight I made a small 3 oz batch with 1/3 each of castor oil, shea butter, beeswax. Plus many drops of vitamin E oil, tea tree EO and lemongrass EO. I've been researching the anti-fungal properties of castor oil and EOs. Now I just need a name, ANTI-FUNGAL LOTION BAR just doesn't have a nice ring to it.

I don't NEED to make soap tonight, but I WANT to make soap
Tonight's soap will be Pear Oatmeal Buttermilk and Honey soap. I'm going to use the same design I used in the HIWTK soap, but with gold, green and natural rather than gold, silver and natural colors.

Ha! Funny, I wanted to make soap today, too, but that will never happen on a work night. Not ready for masterbatching.

Your plan sounds really pretty, can't wait to see!! I'll soap vicariously through you. :D

Last edited:
My love affair and experimentation with lotion bars continues. Tonight I made a small 3 oz batch with 1/3 each of castor oil, shea butter, beeswax. Plus many drops of vitamin E oil, tea tree EO and lemongrass EO. I've been researching the anti-fungal properties of castor oil and EOs. Now I just need a name, ANTI-FUNGAL LOTION BAR just doesn't have a nice ring to it.

How about something humorous, like Bug Out Bars? Not that, but just to turn the wheels in that direction. :)

Yea! My tiger soap was cut today and the colors and swirls look great. What's also great is that it smells wonderful, too - Mayan Gold from WSP with extra patchouli and orange EO, plus some "exotic musk" and Tibetan black tea from SOS. Spicy, citrus and clean-smelling at the same time! Would definitely love this in the shower.
100_3092.jpg

Yea! My tiger soap was cut today and the colors and swirls look great. What's also great is that it smells wonderful, too - Mayan Gold from WSP with extra patchouli and orange EO, plus some "exotic musk" and Tibetan black tea from SOS. Spicy, citrus and clean-smelling at the same time! Would definitely love this in the shower.View attachment 37321
Looks fab! And the fragrances match the look of the soap perfectly.

Yea! My tiger soap was cut today and the colors and swirls look great. What's also great is that it smells wonderful, too - Mayan Gold from WSP with extra patchouli and orange EO, plus some "exotic musk" and Tibetan black tea from SOS. Spicy, citrus and clean-smelling at the same time! Would definitely love this in the shower.

Very nice, the colors and fragrance are a perfect combo!

Today I prepped a few batches for next week (testing silk, no castor, and kaolin clay in 3 small batches of my favorite recipe). I also made a 2lb batch of soap dough.

soapdough.jpg

Back