What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used soap. Actually, I tried out my first ever salt bar. 100% coconut oil, 20% SF and 25% pink Himalayan salt. Today is the "ready" day. I made it six weeks ago. Well, it will be six weeks in about 10 hours. I used it on my EXTREMELY itchy poison ivy (thanks Shredder!). It felt sooooooo good. My skin feels incredibly soft and not at all dry. Thanks to the Benadryl, it also doesn't itch anymore.

Salt bars are great - I made some yesterday and they are sat curing away.

As for today, I am going to master batch 4.5kg of lye solution (or as much as I can, as I need to order more lye!) then make 4 test batches of shaving soap. A very soapy weekend, but The Admirable Lady discovered that my stockpile is almost empty apart from high cleansing kitchen bars and some special pine tar bars! Have to make a few batches again to get resupplied..............

Tried my first attempt at a mantra swirl. I fear I failed. The fragrance oil really accelerated things. It will smell nice anyway! :).

Waiting for a friend to come by and make a goats milk/honey/oatmeal soap with me. We may do any easy peasy one first, so she doesn't feel overwhelmed.

Also cut my milk carton mica soaps. Aside from a few air bubbles, they came out pretty!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1439739528.032761.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1439739539.810821.jpg

My first column mold! Peanut butter and chocolate. The bf is beyond ecstatic. He smelled them and I had to remind him "do not eat the soap" very happy with this batch. Now to work on cutting straight and even bars...

1439767508872.jpg

Amd, I love the look of those!

I just made a beer soap with Southern Tier Brewery's Pumking. Boiled two bottles down to about 13oz, scented with tiny amounts of cinnamon, ginger, clove, and nutmeg EOs. My first batch of beer soap was...not pretty and I used way more of those EOs than I should have. I have a good feeling about this one!

Wanted to make a batch of liquid soap but farted around so it probably won't happen until next weekend when the hubs is out of town. Ended up making a batch of confetti soap today because I was sick of looking at these ugly pink & purple clay tiki mask toppers. Shredded those puppies and added them to an uncolored batch with a Cherry Blossom FO. I was worried the FO might accelerate so confetti seemed like the easy choice for a test batch.

I had a soap-a-thon this weekend! Lol! I made 8 2 lb testers tweaking different fragrances. Tried a few new ones in bar sizes. Totally soapy happy!

Absolutely nothing. Well I did start notes and weighed out my first batch of FO's for my vanilla testing project. I bought more lard, started melting it but didn't get any further than that. It has been 108 here today and I just can't seem to get much done.

Those do look like tasty peanut butter cups amd! Maybe you could let the BF lick them and zap test for you ;)

Ha! I did let him do the zap test. He is so funny, every time he walks thru the dining room he stops to smell them. Once he asked "if I use these how will I keep from licking myself?" The man is 39.

Thanks for liking them, I'm happy with them too. I didn't want to do a traditional pb cup and I didn't want to do a solid. It was a glob and pour method in the mold (the pb setup really fast on me). I think next time I'll try more of an itp swirl to avoid the dots.

Today I made 2 1# batches of soap paste with a little hemp oil added....diluted them out and...AWESOME-SAUCE! Clear! I was hoping because I've not used Hemp oil in LS...and was concerned it may have put a damper on my clarity. Perhaps got lucky because of the small amt. I used. (?) Anyway.....did a review of my inventory and updated my cost analysis charts, as well, and searched on CL and VS for a used dehydrator. My spearmint and lemon balm are taking over the garden, making threats if I don't get a dehydrator soon

clear liquid soap.jpg

I've been busy :)
The first is pumpkin pie... the dark brown color is what an 8% vanilla content does... 2nd is sweetgrass, and last, but not least, pepperberry.

IMG_20150817_094215.jpg

IMG_20150817_094232.jpg

IMG_20150817_094253.jpg

Stacy, the pepperbury, in particular, is a lovely, curly, wispy swirl fest.
I especially like that as well...it did ash a bit, and the supposedly non-morphing color washed out from a bright pink.

And just one more for today... I was asked to make a soap for a princess birthday party, so pink, purple and white - and then I brushed the top with pink and purple micas. Plus it smells like WSP's birthday cake.

IMG_20150817_184731.jpg

Latest posts

Back