Pencil lines using Mica

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwiftRuby

Reaction score
I don't have much luck using mica for soap colouring :sad: Does anybody know if the same morphing takes place when you use Mica for pencil lines??

I've used it and nothing's changed so far! It's been a few months.

I haven't tried mica for a pencil line yet but I would assume the same morphing since it's sandwiched in between soap. I've heard that you can drizzle it on top and do a light swirl without morphing. I was going to try that with the few mica samples I bought.

^^ my response above assumes that you are using cp safe mica and that if you've experienced morphing in the soap you'll get the same results using it as a pencil line

Thanks everyone. In the past I have used so called CP stable/safe mica (Green apple) that went brown during gel and then finished up being purple :eh: I don't have much faith when it's advertised as CP safe/stable.

In any case I wanted a purple pencil line and I ending up using Magic Violet Mica and I am happy to say it worked just fine, no morphing at all, hopefully it will be safe/stable if used to colour the soap as well.

I have used micas for pencil lines but only gold and black, without morphing. I have used several different micas to do swirls on top of the soap loaf (even non-stable CP ones) and they came out ok (so far).

Back