Introduction!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cally

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've trolled the website for awhile. Finally joined. Posted and received wonderful responses and now I am finally introducing myself. Mainly just so I can say...

Squeeeee!!!! Canadians!!!!!

I swear half the time on teh interwebz I feel so lonely being a Canadian. And then when I find more of us they tend to be from the east coast, mainly Toronto. Why Toronto gotta hog all the Canadians? But then in my trolling through the forums I have seen people. Other people. Other Canadians. From the West Coast. Near me. *Gasps*. I'm on Vancouver Island and I could reach out and touch some of you guys...mind you it would require driving and I don't have a car, but still!!!

See this is me swooning. And being very annoying. An annoying swooner! Bwahahahaha, watch me give all Canadian's a bad name! lol

Anyway, actual introduction. Hi I'm Cally (or at least on teh interwebz thats what I claim) I've been soaping for...I think about a month. I've made an olive oil/coconut oil/shea butter/oatmeal/cinnamon but there is no cinnamon smell left, soap. My second batch was pure olive oil, then I added a bit of castor to the last bit of that batch and freaked out at how fast it turned thick and before I had fully mixed it dumped it into a pringles can. So I have one bit of that, the bottom bit is now a yellowish orangey colour. Well...live and learn, lol. I'm wishing now I'd let it almost over trace and just scooped it into funky shapes. Would that even work? Anyway, my third batch was olive oil/coconut oil/shea butter/calendula petals. A bit of lavender in the last bit of that batch, and ooh boy does it stink. Mainly because I don't like the smell. lol.

That is the history of my soap making, and I'm just absolutely itching to make another batch. Phone call today let me know that my cousin is having a baby shower on sunday and I thought castile soap would be the PERFECT gift since she'll be having a little baby, but my cold process soap would not be ready ANYWHERE near in time so I'm tinkering with the idea of hot process but I'm not sure I want to.

Anyway I should stop babbling and just wave and say it's really nice to be here, with all you wonderful, talented soapers. :)

Cally

Welcome to the forum :)

It's nice to see such excitement LOL

You could make your cousin castile soap and by the time it's finished getting a pretty good cure for castile (about 6 months) the baby will be old enough to have soap used on it. Maybe give it to her for Christmas or something :)

Hot process soap wouldn't be ready by Sunday either really. Hot process benefits from a few weeks of curing.

I just noticed your statement about the pringles can LOL Was it a pringles can with a metal bottom? If so, that most likely reacted with the lye. Lye and metal don't go well together, unless it's stainless steel.

Latest posts

Back