soap paste

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have purchased undiluted goatmilk paste and mixed it with distilled water and borax, but was not able to package some. now my question is can i store what i had already mixed in the fridge and package the leftover at a later time? i'm not sure whether it is wise to refrigerate soap but just don't want it to go bad and that would be a waste. thanks.... :)

Did youget your paste from Organic Creations ? I have some I haven't diluted yet .How did it come out? About your leftovers . Email where you bought the base . They will know better than anyone how to keep leftovers and for how long.

yes i ordered my soap paste through organic creations, i like the products that i ordered they are of good quality. About my diluted soap, it came out really thick, but i think that is better so that you can keep adding water to the desired consistency that you like, whereas if it was thin to begin with i think that it would be hard to get it a little thicker. I did email Barb and she said that if you keep the paste in the fridge that it would last practically forever. and she also said that it would be fine to keep the diluted leftovers in the fridge. Since water was added i went ahead and added a preservative, because i didn't want to take a chance and have it get moldy, or end up having bacteria in it.

well have fun. I forgot to tell you when you boil your distilled water you would have to cut your paste in pieces and then wait for the paste to i guess become soft and not clumpy...have fun

I have thought about trying to sell the liquid soap paste just to see if there is a market for it. islandbeauty and carolynp I am wondering how your soaps turned out and what you like and don't like about the product that you have. Hope you won't mind sharing this with me.

Bruce P.

Bigmoose said:
I have thought about trying to sell the liquid soap paste just to see if there is a market for it. islandbeauty and carolynp I am wondering how your soaps turned out and what you like and don't like about the product that you have. Hope you won't mind sharing this with me.

Bruce P.
no not at all.... what i used was goatmilk paste and it turned out great, it just takes time to get it to the consistency that you like it to be. i like it as a bodywash, and i have also used it as a facial wash and it's not bad as a facial wash....i don't know about other people but i do like it a lot and in buying the paste it saves the buyer money. but i guess it would not be for people who aren't patient or don't want to take the time to use the paste to make their own bodywash, facial wash, etc...hth :)

Back