~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~



Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Bath and Body Forum > Share your favorite bath and body recipes!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #41
Dahila
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png
 
Dahila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 2,162
Liked 1394 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 3473

Default

that's an old thread........ and we do not use cups or teaspoons, we use percentage and weight here, Welcome to the forum. you should make your own thread


__________________
Forgive me for my rustic style, I am Polish
Dahila is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #42
Millie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 487
Liked 477 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 2848

Default

Because this thread has been active for many years, I think it is still a good place to post B&B recipes that might get overwhelmed by all the soapy threads. At least, I still look here


Millie is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #43
Dahila
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png
 
Dahila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 2,162
Liked 1394 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 3473

Default

ok.........
__________________
Forgive me for my rustic style, I am Polish
Dahila is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:40 AM   #44
biarine
 
biarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 807
Liked 422 Times on 253 Posts

Default

Here's my favourite body product in winter.

Body butter

50g meadowfoam oil
50g peach kernel oil
30g black seed oil
30g cacao butter
15g Shea butter
15g mango butter
5g rosehip oil
10g beeswax ( optional)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon lavender or rosewood
1-2 g liquid silk
1-2g vitamin E
biarine is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #45
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,456
Liked 4918 Times on 2863 Posts
Likes Given: 1262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biarine View Post
Here's my favourite body product in winter.

Body butter

50g meadowfoam oil
50g peach kernel oil
30g black seed oil
30g cacao butter
15g Shea butter
15g mango butter
5g rosehip oil
10g beeswax ( optional)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon lavender or rosewood
1-2 g liquid silk
1-2g vitamin E
Correct me If I am wrong, but isn't liquid silk water based? I am paranoid about adding any water to anhydrous without a preservative
__________________

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area
cmzaha is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #46
biarine
 
biarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 807
Liked 422 Times on 253 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmzaha View Post
Correct me If I am wrong, but isn't liquid silk water based? I am paranoid about adding any water to anhydrous without a preservative

That's a good point, I am not sure but I am using the same recipe for 2 years now but they're ok. I will ask my Chemist friend.
biarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #47
asmita
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 22
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biarine View Post
That's a good point, I am not sure but I am using the same recipe for 2 years now but they're ok. I will ask my Chemist friend.
You get water-based silk and oil-soluble silk. For anhydrous products use oil-soluble ones.


asmita is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Newest Threads