~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Bath and Body Forum > Formulating sun screen cream/after sun lotion

Old 05-20-2017, 06:15 AM   #21
Relle
Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 1580 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 303

[QUOTE=lenarenee;647260]I beg you to listen to the above people who strongly suggested to not make your own sunscreen....especially if you're going to use it on other people.
I implore you to not do it.
I know sure screen is ridiculously expensive, but every single commercial batch is stringently tested for things like particle dispersion, applications consistency, product degradation I adverse conditions, etc. Making it at home just simply doesn't properly disperse the zinc or titanium.
QUOTE]

Just mentioning for Aussies who read this, that sunscreen in Australia is not expensive and I wouldn't even attempt to make your own. I buy cancer council sunscreen and as someone who burns easily find that theirs works for me.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #22
Desirae

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

With all that's been said, I'll just stick with paying the expensive prices of sun screen and not bother trying it. Thank you all for the info . Good nite