anyones family hates soap smells?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
hubby doesnt like our house smelling, any ideas? I wash everything good and place the fan blowing out window. Some smells are worse of course, like cherry almond, which i may quit making.

Hehe, that is why I have been moved to the basement! LOL. DH used to complain all the time when I'd make soap in the kitchen because of the scents.

It is forbidden to use eucalyptus, rose or any other strong floral in our house. OK, not forbidden, but the hubby fusses for 2 days straight so it's just easier to *not*.

I make MP in the living room/dining room, and used to have the tests in a box. One day I came home and found the box, wrapped up in a plastic bag, with rubberbands all over it. :(

So the house still continues to smell like dog instead of soap.

Everyone who comes to my house always comments on how great it smells!

Mr. Barefoot Man started saying that he thought all the soaps curing in our office, where I have my shelves, were giving him a headache, so I moved them to the finished basement, no more headaches.

House still smells good, but barely a day goes by that I haven't done something that involves FO. We both really dislike the Lavender smell though, it's always so strong when I work with it, but fine in the product.

My mom really has a hard time with the smell of the lye solution so I make her stay in the other part of the house when I'm soaping. None of us are fond of a strong lavender scent even though we all love lavender so up until today I hadn't even tried making a soap with a Lavender FO - but I decided that since I'm being asked for it that I would do it with a light hand...it seems to be okay - so far... :?

Other than that I don't really get too many complaints other than how much room I need for all this stuff. I've promised once we finish getting the basement unpacked I will move my soaping into the kitchen down there..... :wink:

My hubby hates the scents too, and he's upset that I've taken over about 1/2 of his kitchen ( he's a chef ) but he so far has not banished me to the basement or attic so I guess I'm in good shape. So far :?

Mr Deda (thanks Barefoot and Surf Girl) says he likes it when he comes home and the house is a jumble of fragrances after I make soap.

I think he would like it better if it smelled like Pot Roast...

Everyone in my house loves the soap smells. My 17 yr old even asked to store some of the soaps in his room because he likes the way it makes a room smell.

honor435 said:
hubby doesnt like our house smelling, any ideas? I wash everything good and place the fan blowing out window. Some smells are worse of course, like cherry almond, which i may quit making.

sigh.. i guess i will be moved to basement, cherry almond will not be made by me again, and i dont like lavender either!

My hubby loves the scents , I store them on shelves downstairs, he admitted the other day , that he goes down to smell them every morning before work.
The scents would be to strong for me though if they were right in my living space.

Kitn

Well I found a scent my Uncle hates!!!! Patchouli of all things so I promised to warn him when I'll be making that soap again.... :?

My fluffy 4 legger has fluffy hair that's about to be all over the house
besides just all over me!! But Fluffy certainly doesn't complain about my soaps . . .

So happy for you

barefootbody said:
My fluffy 4 legger has fluffy hair that's about to be all over the house
besides just all over me!! But Fluffy certainly doesn't complain about my soaps . . .
And on behalf of fluffy woof woof woof.Translated means that fluffy understands that a contented soaper is the best master. :wink:
I wonder what the saponification l :wink: level of Dog / cat hair is.

Latest posts

Back