Hello from GA!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimDawg

Reaction score
Total newb here, I haven't even made a single batch of anything!
I have multiple reasons that soap making ended up in my radar so decided to start researching and learning. DH and I are in the process of selling our house, 12 acres and dog training and boarding business and going into semi retirement in the mountains an hour north. I can't start soap making while the house is listed as we are trying to scale back. But we are hoping to be in the new place by fall so I hope to be ready to start by then.
This whole endeavor got started through the fact that the new place has a separate guest apartment that we are going to update and rent through Airbnb. I love to host people so started thinking of fun amenities to add to the rental. All the experts say something locally made is a big hit. I also was researching buying guest sets of shampoo, soap and conditioner and then decided to combine the two and just make my own! When not being rented, the guest apartment kitchen will be my soap making headquarters!
I've bought a few books and am starting my education there.

Hi and welcome! Don't start whipping up batches before you moved! It's addicting! You'll soon be flooded with test batches...

This whole endeavor got started through the fact that the new place has a separate guest apartment that we are going to update and rent through Airbnb. I love to host people so started thinking of fun amenities to add to the rental. All the experts say something locally made is a big hit. I also was researching buying guest sets of shampoo, soap and conditioner and then decided to combine the two and just make my own! When not being rented, the guest apartment kitchen will be my soap making headquarters!
How exciting!
I've bought a few books and am starting my education there.
Brilliant! Which books, if I may be so bold to ask???

So far, these,

IMG_0488.jpg

Back