Ash Removal - Looks Promising

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried 92% alc on just poured, 1/2 hr after pour, still in mold much later and after cut. Not much of a difference in the ash.
I've also done covering the soap too. :(

I do notice that there is more ash with different FO's used.
I am still the one that says the recipe makes a difference on how much ash you get.

I embrace the ash :thumbs:

Where do you buy 91% alcohol?[/QUO
I can embrace glycerin rivers when they happen. I just hate ash on my soaps.

Since my whole house is dusty and the bathrooms need to be cleaned, I decided to distract myself by looking at soap pictures and youtube videos. And came across this one [ame] Somewhere around the 5:30 mark is where he talks about spraying first with distilled water and then a couple of minutes later with 91% alcohol.

So I had to try. The center bar is not sprayed. The large bar on the left was sprayed first with distilled water, then 2 minutes later with 91% alcohol. The little end cut on the right was sprayed only with 91% alcohol. I'm thinking that might work as well as spraying with both. I'm going to watch these for a couple of days to see if the ash stays off. If it doesn't, I'll update. I also tried this on a salt bar - mine always get thick ash no matter what. It seems to be helping there too. It's cloudy here today, and I can't get a good picture because of the light color of the salt bar. Wouldn't it be wonderful if getting rid of ash was as easy as this?

View attachment 24408

Thank you for sharing this video. So helpful!

I tried 92% alc on just poured, 1/2 hr after pour, still in mold much later and after cut. Not much of a difference in the ash.
I've also done covering the soap too. :(

I do notice that there is more ash with different FO's used.
I am still the one that says the recipe makes a difference on how much ash you get.

I embrace the ash :thumbs:
I think the recipe and FO will make a difference too. But maybe more the FO. I usually can't embrace the ash. Especially if it is really thick.

Latest posts

Back