A new participant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marie and welcome. Keep in mind, you are judged by the company you keep. Visit here and before long, you'll be one of us silly, savvy, sudsy soapers! heh heh heh

Welcome, Marie! :wave:

I used to be afraid of working with lye, too. It took me about a year to work up the courage to make my first batch of soap, but less than a day to get over the fear once I finally made it. :lol: Just treat it with the respect it deserves by taking the proper safety precautions such as wearing protective gloves and goggles, etc.. and you'll be fine.

IrishLass :)

Many of us started out by reading about soapmaking for a loooooong time before ever attempting it, so you should feel right at home, and in a good place to be hanging around if you think you might want to ever get your feet wet. :)

Welcome! I purchased soap from others for years, had always wanted to learn, but was too afraid. Once I jumped in, it was LOVE! It wasn't anywhere close to as scary as I anticipated.

Lye.
Wear latex gloves. Protect your eyes from potential splashes. Go slowly and do use caution.
All is good then. Lye just doesn't care what it makes into soap. Keep you out of the lye and no problem!

Welcome to the forum!
I get lye at the local Ace hardware store ( hint).

Back