Newbie with bathbombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshmallowmonday

Reaction score
I am trying to get some sea salts to stick to the tops of my bathbombs. As soon as I unmold the it all falls off. If it put it in the middle layer the bomb comes apart. Any tips?

You can use M&P base as a glue to stick the sea salt to the top after the bath bomb has hardened.

Try mixing your sea salts with a bit of an oil or butter that is solid at room temperature (I use coconut oil). Melt the oil and drizzle it with the salts before adding them tot he mold.

Here's something I just tried for getting something else to stick. I THINK it's gonna work.

mix
.3oz cocoa butter
.1oz polysorbate 80
.1oz vodka or 40% alcohol

I painted the bottom of my flowers with a brush, but you could try one of two things:

1) mix salt with my concoction, put it in your mold, then add bomb mixture and U mold as usual.

2) if the salt gets visually ruined by being coated on all sides like above, take my mixture and halve the alcohol and polysorbate 80. I'd want just a little alcohol left tho since salt is water soluble. Let mixture cool till getting thick. Paint it onto the bomb, place salt there.

Latest posts

Back