Selling African Black Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBandCW

Reaction score
At one of my shows I had two different people ask if I had African Black Soap. I looked into making some, even got the potash used to make it. Cart before the horse I guess as this morning I looked into how much it was selling for. Very disappointing. It sells pretty cheap and there is no way I can justify it. :?

At one of my shows I had two different people ask if I had African Black Soap. I looked into making some, even got the potash used to make it. Cart before the horse I guess as this morning I looked into how much it was selling for. Very disappointing. It sells pretty cheap and there is no way I can justify it. :?
Plus the fact you really cannot make true ABS, since it comes from tribes in Ghana. Sorry I am a bit of a purest with some thing, and do not feel we should try to sell soap as Black African Soap unless it comes from one of the tribes. I do get some from a tribe in Ghana but it is not a great seller, so I just keep it on hand for people that really want it. Personally, I really hate it and it varies greatly from tribe to tribe. Each tribe has their handed down recipes

Latest posts

Back