Very Sad Today :-( Rant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would also like the chance to try to help out as well through the gofundme once set up. I am going through the same thing with my son who needs some oral surgery that I can't afford. I'm disabled and my son is in college and can't find a job in our small town to even be able to afford Obamacare. He aged out of medicaid and now needs root canals etc. I called the dental college and they said it would still be a few thousand dollars. There's no way I can come up with that so he just has to suffer till he can find a job I guess. I know for a fact he has turned in the job applications and went on interviews but there are so many people applying to the same jobs, they won't even give him a chance. I've always been the first to help people but now that I need help, it's nothing but crickets from the people that I've helped before. I haven't set up a gofundme because he's just been so down about it all, he said they can just all rot out. Breaks my heart that he's in pain so I totally understand what you're going through right now. It hurts being a parent and not being able to help your child. Please, if you set up the gofundme, make sure you send me a personal message with the info so I can give whatever I can. I don't want you going through what I'm going through now and between us all, maybe we can work together to get her what she needs. So much love being sent to yall and prayers being sent also.

I wasn't even going to get on here tonight but I'm so glad I did so I at least know to pray on it Carolyn.

I would also like the chance to try to help out as well through the gofundme once set up. I am going through the same thing with my son who needs some oral surgery that I can't afford. I'm disabled and my son is in college and can't find a job in our small town to even be able to afford Obamacare. He aged out of medicaid and now needs root canals etc. I called the dental college and they said it would still be a few thousand dollars. There's no way I can come up with that so he just has to suffer till he can find a job I guess. I know for a fact he has turned in the job applications and went on interviews but there are so many people applying to the same jobs, they won't even give him a chance. I've always been the first to help people but now that I need help, it's nothing but crickets from the people that I've helped before. I haven't set up a gofundme because he's just been so down about it all, he said they can just all rot out. Breaks my heart that he's in pain so I totally understand what you're going through right now. It hurts being a parent and not being able to help your child. Please, if you set up the gofundme, make sure you send me a personal message with the info so I can give whatever I can. I don't want you going through what I'm going through now and between us all, maybe we can work together to get her what she needs. So much love being sent to yall and prayers being sent also.
It does hurt, especially when there was a time I could have written out a check and not worried about it, but those good times are gone. Sounds like your son is going through the same as my daughter, it is so bad that we cannot get help in this country we live in. As for Obama no-care it is a complete joke, she never could get on it. Her hubby finally found work but now we are starting the winter season when road work and asphalt quit for a few months. I will pray for your son to find a job, it is so hard. Even though I do 3 markets a week, nothing is selling so it is no help. So much for the "Golden State".

Thank you for the prayers. It is hard to understand how so many can't get help when they need it. Something else to pray on. Take care of yourself and know that you can always contact me.

^^^ this!

It might sound harsh -

If she helps other people, she can't be against people helping one another in general. "We have to help out those in need". So does that just not apply to her?

For a person to be truly generous they need to accept acts of generosity, especially when in need.

Therein lies the difference between pride and humility and pride isn't the best basis for a decision.

Carolyn, please let us know if you do make a GoFundMe page. I'd like to help as well. I don't have much myself but right now, I have all I need.

Carolyn, I understand that you might be a bit uncomfortable about GoFundMe, but please don't be. Most of the time, I think these funds are set up because of a true need, and a lot of little contributions can really add up to a helpful amount.

This is an old thread of mine, but decided to give an update since most folks are still around. My daughter ended up losing all her teeth and many thanks to her Grandma she now has every tooth replaced with bridges and implants. This has been a very long train and she is finally down to the last three which will be finished in a month. Even with 24 hr care I cannot pay my mom back for all she has done. This all cost at least a year of full time live in care. My baby now has her teeth. The dentist she has finishing up all the work told her nothing could have saved her teeth and it is directly caused from her health problems, not drugs. She almost lost all the previous work which was done around the time of this original posting due to all the work shifting and falling. Her dentist was able to save the work. Now my baby feels like she can be seen in public again and feels human. She always felt people were judging her and looking down at her.

Her sister had set up a go fund me but we never received any help. Very sad for a girl that will literally give her last sandwich or dollar to someone in need.

WOW! Thanks for the update, Carolyn. I'm glad things are going well for your daughter and her teeth. And kudos to Grandma for helping out. And to you for holding it all together. I know this has been a roller coaster ride for you and your family.

Thankyou, but as mentioned she is not a great candidate for clinics. She has been trying for a year to get on full disability, but that is not easy here, even though her doctors recommend disability

I can certainly relate. I'm told that you have to just keep applying because they just turn everyone down the first (sometimes several) times.

I'm so sorry you all had to go through this. I have a friend who is looking to go to Thailand for her dental care. Apparently it's better than the care she could afford here. Of course she doesn't have the additional medical challenges your daughter has.. But it certainly says something about the state of our nation when its cheaper to fly to Thailand, get quality dental work done, recover, and then come back to the US.

I'm glad your daughter was able to get the care she needed.

Thank you for posting an update. I'm so glad your daughter has her smile back. I remember when you first brought this up, and I have thought about you/her often. It's nice that she has a happy ending to this ordeal.

Thank you for the update.
Implants are not easy ( as you well know).
Having people not pay it forward when the shoe is on the other foot is a difficult thing to accept. Most people are takers and not givers. You and yours are a blessing in that you are givers.

Keep being who you are!

Steve

A nice smile goes a a long way in how you feel about yourself.
I can relate as my daughter in law lost all her teeth while undergoing cancer treatment. My in laws paid for all her dental work. Thank goodness for family!

Back