What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to thank @KiwiMoose for the idea! I loved her beautiful stones and had to try this on a wood soap gift box. Not near what Kiwi does but it was fun and I want to do more! Thanks Kiwi :)
fullsizeoutput_40a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_40b.jpeg

Terri, your soapboxes are gorgeous!

I put much of my wool roving into a hat box and bagged up the rest of my soap felting suppies in a clear (see-through) carry-all so I can move them back upstairs. I think I have more stuff that isn't together with this, but at least everything I need is together for the next project. I still have a photo open on my laptop for my next project, but I may just not get to it as soon as I'd like. So many other things to consider. I am planning the soap challenge for June and may need to work on that a bit for the next couple of months. I'd like to do a video again, and need to practice up a bit first.

I wasn't hungry when I home for lunch, so I tinkered in the soap dungeon instead. I got three new FO's and I'm feeling inspired to make soap cupcakes with them, so I sketched out ideas for them and did some preliminary planning for the embed toppers. My kaolin clay jar was empty so I refilled that from the "master bucket". I have enough to refill the jar one more time and then I have to make the decision to either reorder or knock it out of my recipe. I rounded up everything I need to make a sugar scrub tonight. Then I pulled some RBO and tallow out of the freezer to thaw out for masterbatching oils this weekend. Found a 20+ lb bag of unrendered lard in the freezer. This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous, so I may need to ask the hubby if I can borrow his brewing setup to render lard in the yard on Sunday. I haven't done this in years, but I remember it really stunk up the house, so I'd like to do it outside. ...AND I still have 10lbs of cocoa butter and 50lbs of tallow to portion out...

Terri, your soapboxes are gorgeous!

I put much of my wool roving into a hat box and bagged up the rest of my soap felting suppies in a clear (see-through) carry-all so I can move them back upstairs. I think I have more stuff that isn't together with this, but at least everything I need is together for the next project. I still have a photo open on my laptop for my next project, but I may just not get to it as soon as I'd like. So many other things to consider. I am planning the soap challenge for June and may need to work on that a bit for the next couple of months. I'd like to do a video again, and need to practice up a bit first.

Thank you Earlene! I didn't know you did videos, very cool. YouTube videos? I haven't done any soap making videos just revolving pic of soap I have made, lol. I would like to try when I have more time. I Keep all of my supplies for felting, bath bombs, lotion etc. in large plastic bins until I am ready to work on a project. I try to be organized but sometimes it is hard :)
Am looking forward to see what you come up with in June :)

Beautiful @Terri E - you done good!

Thank you Kiwi, I love your videos they inspire me :)

Well, that’s the strangest looking butterfly I’ve ever seen. These remind me more of those Balinese masks...
View attachment 38142 View attachment 38143
I would never have thought of that color combo -- but it's perfect! Love it!

I made a Cocoa Mint soap. Scented with essential oils and I tried to do a spoon swirl still practicing. With a creme brulee top look. View attachment 38149View attachment 38150
Now I'm hungry. I'd eat those soaps!!

Unmolded my soap. I dropped the carrot juice from 25% to 20 to get it out of cheese range. 5 % change was enough to take it from orange to ylw. Will try 23 next time to see if I can get a lil orange bk.

made my first batch of solid bubble scoops--I had some left (about 1/4 of a scoop) so I tried it. it bubbled well for the amount I used. I had bought the fragrance (grapefruit/lily) from BB and then found out I couldn't use it in CP. but it is such a strong tart grapefruity, flowery scent and I just love it. so I used it in my scoops. the recipe said 10 drops but I more than doubled that--don't know if it was wise or not and the BB fragrance calculator doesn't say how much for bath bombs etc. I did look at most other recipes and they seemed to use around .25oz20190406_185111.jpg a batch. not sure I like how my skin feels at the moment--kinda itchy. anywho I am letting them dry and will try one again tomorrow. How much scent do you guys use? my recipe is:
1c citric acid
1c SLSA
1/3c cream of tartar
1/3c cornstarch
1/2c liquid glycerin
1 T oil
I used a small amount of mica in with the dry ingredients and two droppers of scent

Back