April challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houseofwool

Reaction score
It didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but my 10 year old figured out what it was supposed to be without any hints from me, so it can't be too far off the mark.

Since we don't have smell-o-vision, I am going to cheat on the scent and pretend I used something along the line of grass.

image.jpg

Whoops, I just realized that I forgot to 'splain.

I am in a semi-rural part of the Dairy State and the main cow raised here is the Holstein. I had an order of activated charcoal already on its way.

If I do it again, which I probably wii, I would make sure that sculpt the white layer a bit more before spooning in the black so the bottoms of the markings would be rounder.

Very nice! I love the cow pattern!! That is a really nice background to design a soap over. I love cows hahahaha! Love the soap, great job!! :)

LOL! I love it, I was trying to figure it out when I first looked at it. Now I have to ask, did you use milk in it?

No, I didn't use milk because I wanted to gel it and I didn't want it to discolor.

I'm too focused on the weather. I thought it was of the ground as the snow finally started melting, revealing the black earth underneath. I'm in Wisconsin too so I'm still in cold mode, unfortunately. I love it, whether it's of a cow or of melting snow!

AMAZING you just gave me inspiration for my next soap! I love cows and cow print, not I need to order some activated charcoal. Love it

I totally see a loon's head. Next time I do this I will try for a slight thicker trace and will sculpt out the white a bit more before layering in the black. I'm stuck on how to scent it since I only use EO.

Latest posts

Back