Sharing my happiness

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapprentice

Reaction score
Guys, today I would like to share my happiness... As I mentioned in some of my previous posts, In India, handmade soaping is still in its baby steps and there are no stores or online stores for hobby soapers.. so, I have been doing research where I could get some FOs and found a supplier and contacted him. They supply for big manufacturing companies and the minimum purchase is 1 Lt. we talked, and he said he was impressed with my curiousity and sent me 18 free samples of FOs.. I am above the moon... so happy and I can't wait for them.. people just amaze me sometimes..

Oh, I'm so happy for you! Yes, sometimes people surprise us in the nicest ways. Have you thought of bartering? This supplier may be happy to keep giving you smaller amounts of FOs in return for some lovely, handmade soap. I once had a plumber who liked to be paid in soap. You never know. :)

Oh, I'm so happy for you! Yes, sometimes people surprise us in the nicest ways. Have you thought of bartering? This supplier may be happy to keep giving you smaller amounts of FOs in return for some lovely, handmade soap. I once had a plumber who liked to be paid in soap. You never know. :)

That is a good idea.. will definitely give it a try.

That is wonderful news! You hope to sell, right? You can take those fragrance samples and let others smell them to get an idea of what will be popular.

Will the samples be large enough to test in a small batch of soap?

They will be 20ml each... i just want to make a beautiful scented soap... not planning on selling any.

That is awesome! Can't wait to get updates on how they worked out.

It's a very valid question. It's posted in the soaping section which means that actual help should be expected rather than just squealing and clapping. We've also seen even recently issues that come from FOs which cannot be used in cp soap and/or aren't design to be used on the skin, so asking is actually far more helpful than just celebrating with.

I'm sorry that someone who is trying to be practical regarding soaping gets named as a kill joy in a section of the forum designated for practical help regarding soaping

So, you made sure that they were skin safe first?

Yes, they manufacture fragrance oils just for bath soap that is skin safe.

It's ok guys, chill down!!! I am not offended nor my joy was killed. I just wanted to share, was not really expecting any squealing or clapping as the people around me doesn't understand the reason for my happiness.

Thank u for the backing SheLion and thank you Susie for your concern.

Soapprentice I'm just wondering if either relatives or friends in other parts of the world might bring you some when they return home.
All the people I know that are of Indian descent return yearly if not more often.
Yes, I'm aware these are liquids in containers and might be a tad suspicious in the current political climate but I'm sure where there's a will there's a way...

Traveling within the U.S., I think if it is 3.4 oz or less container, then it is OK. For international travel, I don't know.

Yes, they manufacture fragrance oils just for bath soap that is skin safe.

It's ok guys, chill down!!! I am not offended nor my joy was killed. I just wanted to share, was not really expecting any squealing or clapping as the people around me doesn't understand the reason for my happiness.

Thank u for the backing SheLion and thank you Susie for your concern.

That was concern, I assure you! I had just read a thread about someone who purchased non skin safe FOs. Thank you for understanding!

I'm curious. Is raining on other people's parades a genetic trait or a learned skill?

It is a learned skill. I have learned, after reading and participating in this forum for over three years, that not everyone knows that not all FOs are for CP soapmaking. And if there was a chance that she could avoid the costly mistake of making soap with them, I was going to be prudent and ask if it was skin safe.

Awesome score!!!
Now you know that there are lots of people on the forum that do care about each other too.

I also read the thread about another member using a scent not intended for soap. Ruined several pounds of oil and the needed lye. Turned a work of art into a large mess. That was expensive.

I for one appreciate both SheLion and Susie for their concerns. ( thumbs up )

Back