~*~ SMF April 2017 Challenge - Stripes! ~*~
~ April 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Recipe & Tutorials Forum > Soap Making Recipes & Tutorials > Zany's Lemon Squeeze Castille

Old 04-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #21
TheDragonGirl
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 619 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 123

My cell phone was only $20 at the walmart and it has all the typical features, including a decent camera, although I use a separate digital camera that I got on sale, usually

I also kept waiting for a picture to load, I was very confused!

People Like This 
Old 04-02-2017, 01:32 PM   #22
Zany_in_CO
Saponifier

Liked 259 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Efficacious Gentleman View Post
Edit - the thought of not being able to share pictures of soap! Shudder.
Hahahah Good one, EG! As it happens, like so many of the Newbies here, I did a lot of experimenting in my early soaping days and then just kinda settled on what pleased me most and spent time tweaking recipes to perfection -- well, at least trying to! LOL Because I don't sell, the soaps I make are for personal use and for a wholesale customer. My time is spent mostly on making lotions & potions and liquid soap. Nothing there that's "picture worthy".

WeaversPort Likes This 
Old 04-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #23
earlene
Grandmother & Soaper
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1525 Times on 773 Posts
Likes Given: 1258

For some pictures of soaps that some or our members have made using beta Carotene as a colorant, I have included a few links. Since they were not my soaps, I am not linking to their photos, only to the original posts:

DixieDragon posted in 2015 a photo of a deep yellow soap she made using beta carotene.

SunWolf entered a lovely mosaic soap in last June's SMF Mosaic Soap Challenge. The color came out a very nice orange in this soap.

Others have mentioned it, but I wasn't able to find more photos of the corresponding soaps. Susie once said she uses it often. Others who mentioned using Popcorn Oil (Coconut Oil colored with beta carotene for a buttery looking popped corn) said the soap turns out orange.

I have used it myself a few times and my photo of one of my Challenge entries is not anywhere near as nice as the two above, but here it is. I also made some pumice soap for my brother using beta carotene last June and it came out orangish-yellow, using 2 capsules in about 1/3rd of a total batch size of 1547.5 grams. That soap is pictured below, although not pretty soap, the color is clearly orangish-yellow. (It was meant to be a Clyde Slide, but the pumice seemed to thicken the batter too much for any kind of smooth swirl technique.)

Last edited by earlene; 04-02-2017 at 04:21 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #24
Zany_in_CO
Saponifier

Liked 259 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 1110

Thanks, Earlene! Hugs.

earlene Likes This