~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Labels and Packaging > Label Printing

Old 04-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
dTaggart

Likes Given: 5

Default Label Printing

I have found a few companies that print labels and have found paper to print from my Deskject 2540 series. I am new to lotion and liquid soap making and would like to know what is the norm? Where do you print from? Do you like it? Pros and Cons.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4991 Times on 2902 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Because I do not always make my products the same even lotions I print my own on Avery 2x4 weatherproof labels. For our flagship lotion that we have made forever and never change ingredients we have the labels printed from Print Runner. If there is ever a problem with your labels they are great at replacing them

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area
dTaggart Likes This 
Old 04-01-2017, 09:59 PM   #3
Dahila
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1404 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 3517

I am like cmzaha, I print my own on weatherproof paper from Labelsonline.com, I also use their software Maestro designer to design them
Old 04-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
Zany_in_CO
Saponifier

Liked 852 Times on 562 Posts
Likes Given: 3401

Waterproof labels are great. I've put recycled empty containers with labels on them in the Dishwasher and they come out looking like new.

I buy Inkjet Waterproof Labels from Elements Bath & Body in CO I'm a hobbyist so I Like the convenience of buying 26 sheets at a time, more or less, as needed. I like the full 8.5" X 11" sheets best because I can shape labels to my liking.

https://www.elementsbathandbody.com/...rproof-Labels/
People Like This 
Old 04-02-2017, 01:14 AM   #5
Stacyspy

Liked 553 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 339

I like the Maestro tool also, but I don't print enough at one time, so my free access always runs out, and I have to pay the $6.95 for a month, and get everything done I think I might need.
I also like Avery, I wish I could get my Labels Online labels to fit an Avery template...that would be the best option for me.
I use the weatherproof labels as well.
dTaggart Likes This 
Old 04-02-2017, 01:56 AM   #6
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4991 Times on 2902 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

I have to use Avery with my laser, the online labels changed manufacturers several years ago and they will not work in my printer. They melt onto the fuser. I use Microsoft Publisher to design my labels

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
earthygirl

Default The Print Shop

I still have my older version of The Print Shop 15. I love the convenience of it and I can pick which labels to start with and how many to print. its compatible with online labels. for the other labels i just print a test sheet on regular paper hold it up behind the labels with a light source and adjust

Old 07-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #8
bumbleklutz

Liked 189 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmzaha View Post
I have to use Avery with my laser, the online labels changed manufacturers several years ago and they will not work in my printer. They melt onto the fuser. I use Microsoft Publisher to design my labels
I use the Avery labels as well. They seem to work the best with my laser printer. The store brand labels ALWAYS seem to jam my printer.

Since I don't sell, I use the free Avery "Design and Print" software. It is a free download available from www.avery.com.

It's simple to use and works for my needs. If I were selling, I might want something with a little more power and design options; but for now it works.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 PM   #9
Bisbeesoap

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I purchase all my sheet labels from onlinelabels.com. I find their prices are reasonable, and they have a huge selection. My printer is an HP Laserjet 400, which in my opinion, is worth its weight in gold.

I've been printing my labels as needed for about 3 years, so far it's been cost effective, but as my production increases that's going to change. I'm currently hunting for a printer to take over that part of my job.
divinegoddessoaps17 Likes This 
Old 08-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #10
Cookie1069

I purchase my labels from Onlinelabels.com . I love the variety of sizes I can use . I have 2 inkjet printers that I use, HP office jet 4630 and Epson XP420. I use weatherproof labels. When my I can't handle printing my own, I plan on using Frontierlabel.com