WSP discontinuing candle supplies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting. My guy and I make beeswax candles and I was about to show him this website in particular because their prices seem comparable and somewhat better to what we are currently ordering from Hobby Lobby. This stinks :( I understand their reasoning though. Our economy is depressing.

I don't about their price on beeswax, but I use EcoSoya's Pillar Blend, and WSP's price was $27 higher (even during their most recent flash sale) than my more local supplier. Sure, I have to pay $12-$14 in gas to drive to my local supplier, but when I'm buying 2-4 cases at a time, that is an extra $100 tacked on versus the same $12-$14 in gas. So, honestly, as long as their FOs can still be used, I'm okay with them not carrying wax and whatnot.

Aww.. I don't know too much about candle making and the supply economy..
This is sad though, hope its not too bad for candle makers who sell.

This reminds me that beeswax candles are on my to do list since I have a bunch of beeswax for lotion bar making

This is certainly depressing and upsetting. I recently came across a lady at scentthrowcandles.com who is making tarts and offering them with no minimums. I am just getting into the hobby myself and would hope that I could start selling so I asked about where she gets her supplies. She seems to have a decent supply chain established and thought if she could get enough folks interested she might be able to offer supplies at wholesale. It might be worth an email to her if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back