Seeking a recipe for hair pomade...or hair butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Does anyone have a good recipe for hair pomade or hair butter they would like to share?

I know in the old days you could make hair pomade using mineral oil or petroleum jelly.....but I want do an updated version.

Any suggestions?

What about straight cyclo in a mister bottle? That is all citrus shine frizz ease is made of & it's good for all hair types.

hair butter

Oh, I see....

I was hoping for a creme-type recipe but this is worth exploring as well.

Thanks so much.

I saw you wanted a cream, am just so pleasd w/ cyclo i thought I would mention it. Luster Drops, Silk Drops, Citri Shine, all of those items are just cyclo & fragrance. I use it on myself & my daughter. She is bi-racial & has mixed texture hair & it's great for her.

Tabitha said:
I use it on myself & my daughter.
Me......me, I use Tab's Head To Toe Mist on my hair. I have very fine hair that rats if I just think about it.

Digit

You should check out from nature with love. they have lots of hair care recipes. I myself have kinky curly hair so I had to make my own hair oil lotion but it worked wonderfully! I would not recommend it to anyone that has oily hair as it would make it worse LOL. The oil recipe is there also but I tweaked it to my liking.

hair pomade or hair butter

pepperi27 said:
You should check out from nature with love. they have lots of hair care recipes. I myself have kinky curly hair so I had to make my own hair oil lotion but it worked wonderfully! I would not recommend it to anyone that has oily hair as it would make it worse LOL. The oil recipe is there also but I tweaked it to my liking.

Oh, great. Which one did you use??

I did the extra rich hair oil recipe but tweaked it because of ingredients I have already.

Back