Looking for earthy lavender FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblaney

Reaction score
I thought I had found the perfect lavender FO from Daystar, but it's not listed on her site any longer. I liked mixing it with lavender EO. It smelled exactly like the EO.

I have tried Tassie Lavender from two suppliers and the lavender from WSP, but I want a more earthy herbaly lavender. Any suggestions?

I like the lavender flowers from Nature's Garden. I do the same thing, I mix it with EO. It's pretty strong and my customers like it a lot. I don't like florals at all so it's hard for me to make this one. It's more herby smelling than floral to me though.

I would try lavandin EO. It's more herbal than floral. It's pretty cheap, less so than Lavender 40/42 - try Camden Grey.

Thank you both Shunt2011 and Judymoody! Those are both great suggestions.

Shunt2011 - I have not had much luck with Nature's Garden FO, but I'm always willing to give it another try.

Judymoody - I have heard of lavandin, but was not really sure how to use it or what it was. I will research it now. Does it stick pretty well?

I want a lavender that smells like when I crush a piece of my lavender plant. Does anyone have that? I got a lavender FO from WSP but it was so off I threw it out.

I really like the lavender fo from Elements bath and body. It doesn't smell great oob but in cured soap it is the best fo i have found.

I have been really impressed with NDA's, Spanish Lavender EO.
At, 1TBS PPO, it really holds well in the soap - and it smells like a true lavender.

Didn't like the 40/42 (too flowery - and not "real" smelling to me.)

NDA has a great price on their Lavandin, I haven't tried it yet another one on my list to purchase. I love the Candle Science Lavender which is infused with Lavender EO. It has that herbal camphor note, and to me smells just like the EO.

I really like the lavender fo from Elements bath and body. It doesn't smell great oob but in cured soap it is the best fo i have found.

I am not sure if we are talking about the same fo but I really like EBB's Manuka Lavender Body Wrap fo. It's the best lavender fo I've ever used. Plus, it holds and behaves well in cp soap :).

Thank you everyone for your fantastic lavender recommendations. I will def. try the Elements FO's mentioned. I have purchased from them in the past and their lavender FO got great reviews.

Thank you both Shunt2011 and Judymoody! Those are both great suggestions.

Judymoody - I have heard of lavandin, but was not really sure how to use it or what it was. I will research it now. Does it stick pretty well?

For me it sticks better than lavender 40/42 or Bulgarian. I add a tiny bit of patchouli (maybe 1/10 of the amount of lavandin that I use) and it deepens the scent without smelling like patch.

judymoody - Thank you, good to know. I sometimes try to use Patch to anchor scents, but I hate the scent so much. 1/10th may work and I will try it.

Latest posts

Back