Alphabet/Letter Stamps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imposterpockets

Reaction score
I am getting ready to make my first batches of soap, and since I don't plan on coloring them, I wanted a way to differentiate between the different scents. I found letter stamps for soap making here and here, but they are SUPER expensive.
fonts.jpg

A letter punch set (intended for stamping into metal), such as this is much much cheaper.
TZ9000.jpg

Would the metalworking punches work as soap stamps? I am not sure how deep the soap stamps press versus how deep an impression the metalworking punches would make. Any thoughts?

I have a set like that I bought from Harbor Freight but have not considered trying them in soap. I believe they would work just fine too. If you have a Harbor Freight near you I highly recommend them for low cost tools like these.

Depending on how big you want them, I just bought a set of rubber stamps (I use them a lot) at Michael's. There were "mini alphabet" stamps in the dollar bins, it was like a 2" block that had all the letters and it was 1.00

:D I can't wait to use it!

I bought an alphabet set in the craft isle at Walmart for $10.

Thanks for the feedback!

My only concern with the punches was that the letters wouldn't be stamped deep enough, but there's only one way to find out...

Once I get all of my supplies in order and try out my first batch, I'll post pictures of the results.

Latest posts

Back