Packaging bars from BB 18 bar mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue1965

Reaction score
For those of you who use shrink bands or bags...looking for recommendations on packaging bars from the BB 18 bar mold. My bars are chunky as I fill the liner about 3/4 of the way full. I swirl my top and didn't really want to cover it up with my label. I also have my ingredient label to think about as well. The only thing I can think of is my main label underneath (which I'm not thrilled with) and ingredient label on the side. I love the look of a cigar band but I like the shrink wrap because it protects the soap and keeps the scent in. Looking for other ideas. Thoughts anyone?

Sue, I find shrink and cello bags to be pricey when you need a lot. I personally have a sealer for the bags, and buy shrink by the roll at Walmart that is sold for the windows. Is way cheaper, and you can custom make your bags to any size you need.

Here is what I use, hope is ok to post the link. You can probably find it at home depot or lowes too.

http://duckbrand.com/products/weatherization/window-insulation-kits

Last edited:
Sue, I find shrink and cello bags to be pricey when you need a lot. I personally have a sealer for the bags, and buy shrink by the roll at Walmart that is sold for the windows. Is way cheaper, and you can custom make your bags to any size you need.

Here is what I use, hope is ok to post the link. You can probably find it at home depot or lowes too.

http://duckbrand.com/products/weatherization/window-insulation-kits

Thanks for the link. I have been buying them from WSP. $6.95 for 200 or 1000 for $29.95. I will have to look into that. Do you know approx. how many you get out of a pack?

Thanks for the link. I have been buying them from WSP. $6.95 for 200 or 1000 for $29.95. I will have to look into that. Do you know approx. how many you get out of a pack?

Yikes, Math is not my forte. I usually get them after spring, and they are always 50! off, So a package of 3 sheets that are 62 x 120 inches, depending on size, I would say around 80 to 100.

So close to 300 for $ 2.50? Just a guess.

Back