Formula help?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandaeiben

Reaction score
So I have never attempted to make a formula before but I couldn't find a good base for liquid bubble bath that made a decent amount of bubbles and didnt turn to foam after a few minutes. Im not aiming for organic at all herebut I dont want any poly emulsifier in it and I would like to stay away from anything that might irritate children's skin. That being said I will be using Optiphen just for my own piece of mind because mold really freaks me out lol. Here is what I have so far based off a few recipes I found and research I did:

75% distilled water
9% liquid castile soap
9% liquid glycerin
6% coco glucose
1% EO and FO
1% Optiphen

The issue im having is that the bubbles still wont stabilize and turn into foam after a minute or so, I thought the coco glucose would help but maybe my percentages are off or I need somethinf else in it? an emulsifier maybe? I made it by heating everything but the EO and Optiphen and hand whisking it then adding in the EO and Optiphen in cooldown. Maybe I shouldnt heat it, im not a soap maker or a water based lotion maker so I dont usually work with glycerin or coco glucose and that could be the problem. Any suggestions would be helpful here. Im kinda just stuck and coco glucose isnt readily available so I dont want to try again until I have some input from someone other than my husband as to fixing the issues im having. Thanks!

So maybe pulling out the castile and upping the coco glucose? I should get some amphosol too like her recipe calls for. Funny that when I googled for recipes her page didnt even come up! I dont even know what a few of the things in her recipe are but i'll look into them, I just wanted something simple but not so simple as shampoo+water like I found on many websites. Thank you!

Back