Your Hanger for your Hanger Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelMomma

Reaction score
So, I hate cleaning of that silly hanger. Tape, straws, chop sticks.......Gah! So I hadn't done a hanger swirl for awhile, but had wanted to. Then one day I was in the garage (which is in serious need for organizing) and I spotted my extra tubing from the fish tank. Its the really soft, flexible kind. Ding! I thought, Huh! Wouldn't that work great?! It would be seamless and super easy to clean......IF I can get it threaded onto the hanger that is. Well, last night I gave it a go. I will say that it wasn't a breeze getting it on there, it certainly took persistance, but I did it. And I was right. Super easy to clean and I won't have to peel/replace any tape or any other such nonsense. The thickness is just about exactly the same as a drinking straw, maybe a tad bigger and it seemed to work just perfectly while I was using it to swirl the soap. Now I just have to wait for my soap to cool to find out.

How do you outfit your hanger?

I just use a thick plastic one. The length fits my mold perfectly and it's the perfect diameter, so I just make sure it's clean before I use it. :)
I don't know what I would use if I used a smaller mold. probably make my hub fashion me something out of a wooden dowel or something. :)

I use a piece of clear plastic hose (I think DH bought it for something automotive, but I could be wrong) that I fed over a piece of coat hanger. It makes the hanger about a 1/4 inch in width. I've done hanger swirls a handful of time and just use my fingers (in gloves, of course) to get as much as I can on the top of the soap and then rinse it off under running water to clean the rest off.

I use a metal hanger with a McDonald's straw taped to it. It is a bit messy, but frankly, I'm a messy soaper and by the time I'm done soaping at night everything is a mess and the hanger is the least of my worries! :razz:

I use a piece of clear plastic hose (I think DH bought it for something automotive, but I could be wrong) that I fed over a piece of coat hanger. It makes the hanger about a 1/4 inch in width. I've done hanger swirls a handful of time and just use my fingers (in gloves, of course) to get as much as I can on the top of the soap and then rinse it off under running water to clean the rest off.

Cool, that sounds just like what I did. You must have sent me soapy ESP ;)

I use a metal hanger with a McDonald's straw taped to it. It is a bit messy, but frankly, I'm a messy soaper and by the time I'm done soaping at night everything is a mess and the hanger is the least of my worries! :razz:

Haha! Thats how I am about half the time and then I crash and clean it up after a rest. But this should help me uncomplicate at least one more little detail.

I haven't ever been able to find a plastic one that is the right size :/

Well, I guess it works pretty good!

2013-04-12_11-28-18_443.jpg

Wow, that came out beautiful!! Something else on the list of things to try ;-)

My husband threading a bit of plastic tubing over a wire hanger for me and it's brilliant!!! Bless him :-D

Last edited:
I use a plastic coated metal hanger I had from way back when my kids were young.
It is bent roughly half the length of my 3# molds that I made, but it also fits my smaller test mold.
I just use it at each end in the longer molds to swirl the whole thing. I only have to have
one size hanger to work with my molds

Latest posts

Back