Love Spell swirl - first attempt at a hanger swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThenCameJen

Reaction score
I'm still getting back into learning, but I'm enjoying what I've done so far. The other day I tweaked my recipe a bit to add some rice bran oil, so I will have two basic but different formulations to compare once the bars are cured. Before I made the batch, I did a Google image search for Love Spell Soap for inspiration, and really fell for the one here. Unfortunately when I made mine, I poured off too much for the purples. I also tried to get two different shades of purple (by varying amounts of ultramarine violet) but I wasn't so successful with that!

Either way, I went with it. I could barely contain my excitement to cut into it and see how the swirl looked. My fiance says I need to work on my patience, I told him he takes all the patience I have available. :twisted: After 24 hours I cut just a sliver of the the end off. Results were awesome, but I think the soap was still a bit soft (I've been boiling a pot of water in the house to help me get over a bad cold.) I grudgingly put my loaf back and waited another 24 hours. Once I started cutting it, I couldn't stop, because every bar was a new surprise! It was still just a touch too soft (you can see some drag marks, especially on the bar in the lower left) but I'm OK with that. There's also some crackling from the TD, but I'm ok with that too... I think it provides a nice contrast to the soft, ethereal swirls. I made a note for next time, though.

This is fun :D

Love Spell.jpg

Congratulations! You got nice vibrant colors and an interesting pattern. The purple reminds me of a flying bat.

It's hard to wait to cut, isn't it?

Judymoody, one of my friends on Facebook said something about Batman as well. Didn't see anything until people started mentioning it! :grin:

And it IS hard to wait to cut. So, sooo hard lol.

Love it and the scent of lovespell as well. Purple is one of my favourite colours :thumbup:

I feel even better knowing I'm not the only one to like the way these bars turned out - cuz let's face it, I think we can all admit to making at least one funky bar in our past that we love just because WE made them! :D

I've been doing my tests in two pound batches, and scenting them at 0.5oz ppo (I ordered mostly 1oz bottles.) This one smells nice, but I think if I were to do it again I would certainly up the scent a little bit.

Back