FYI, cheap set of stock SS stock pots

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamison

Reaction score
I wanted a second pot to make two batches of soap at once (two different scents) and have been looking all over for a cheap pot. For the price they are used and new, I decided on this set. I've used them once now and wanted to get an idea of how they performed before I posted. It appears they will work just fine for the needs of making soap.

They are cheap and that's obvious, very thin stainless. Made in India. I personally would not use them for food, but they don't get that hot in soap-making.

http://www.harborfreight.com/stainless-steel-4-piece-stock-pot-set-94829.html

Harbor Freight is a great resource for so many things! Infrared Thermometers, Miter Boxes (for cutting loafs), Squeeze bottles (for swirls), Goggles, Masks, Gloves, Stock Pots, Shelving, Bins and Organizers, etc...and they always have coupons! 20% off any one products is always a good one! Their prices are already low, and that coupon helps even more.

I've thought about their IR thermometer, but not sure it'd be the best thing for soap. What do you think?

Harbor Freight doesn't always have the best quality stuff, but in the right application many things can work well for a good price. Like these pots as I said, I wouldn't want to use them for food, but they are working great for soap.

Latest posts

Back