I went SHOPPING!!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelMomma

Reaction score
I haven't bought any online soapmaking supplies lately. Holidays and such, I have been keeping a tight hold on the old wallet. BUT I got an email from Soap Making Resource about their Cyber Monday sale and I was sunk........although I did control myself. Only about $65 order.......but I'm still excited to try to improve these few soap recipes I have been working on :D :D :D

Oh no! I just had to go bookmark the site. Maybe they will have a Christmas sale.....LOL :D I will have to go browse this site so I can watch for good deals!

I bought a wooden soap mold yesterday from the soap-making-resource site. Then I went to natures garden a ordered some fragrance oils. I bought a small amount of the chanel #5 so I can make some soap just for my mom. She loves that fragrance and I hope that it will make the soaps smell just as lovely as she always does. Then I was going to make another order from soapers choice getting bulk oils in 50 lb buckets, but I decided that I don't have room to store the soap that is curing...where am I gonna put buckets of oil???????? :shock:

Every so often, I have to buy new shelving and storage cabinets to hold all of my supplies and equipment. I guess that is when you know you are really hooked. :shock:

Oh that is what else I bought yesterday......shelves from wallyworld. :oops: I got 3 sets that have 4 shelves each. I want to get the soaps out of the closets because I need that space to store the equipment that I use to make the soaps with. Right now I have it stacked up on the kitchen table and we have to sit at one corner of the table in order to eat.... :D I also wish I didn't need to use so many paper towels during cleanup, but I haven't found a better alternative.

I have a suggestion 2lilboots! I learned this from another post sometime ago. I bought packages of cloth handi wipes & I also recycled an old bath towel by cutting it into 6 smaller towels that I use for wiping the excess soap from my soaping equipment. Then on wash day, I toss my soap rags into the washer with the rest of the towels!

My sister just reminded me that I need Chap Stick containers!!! Google is my friend......trying to find a good price for the kind I want.

Soap Addict....what an excellent idea. I have 2 old towels that would be perfect to cut up. I have 4 flour sack tea towels that I have been using but believe me they are a mess by the time I am done and I was still using papertowels.

I still have not received the promised email saying my order has shipped. I know they were probably busy because it was cyber monday.......BUT!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, I never received that email with a tracking ##. But I did receive my box this evening! :D :D Yay!!

Most everything is correct. I did get two Certificates on the Pink Grapefruit EO and did not get one on the Star Anise EO. And I ordered Cut/Sifted Alkanet and received the powder. Neither of those issues bothers me at all. I actually would rather have the powdered alkanet.

And I <3 freebies. There was a bonus bag in the box that contained Grapefruit Peel, Beeswax Pastiles :lol: , Lemon Grass EO<3 and Tussah Silk<3 The latter 2 I am VERY excited about!!! Silk was on my wish list :)

Note to self.......8 ounces of Calendula petals is alot more, volume wise, than you think. LOL

And I still haven't ordered the lip balm tubes. I have had such a hard time deciding which site to order from. I am hoping to get it done tonight. I am thinking of one site in particular (which I can't remember the name of). They offer multiple colors of caps with one order and their price is great. I should have just purchased from them instead of continuing to shop around. Now I get to hunt down that website :p

Latest posts

Back