lining wooden molds - part 1

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seifenblasen

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I wrote something about it takes only a few minutes to line a mold with freezer paper. Not sure if I am doing it the best way, but it works for me and it is fast. Here we go:

Cut a piece of freezer paper a few inches bigger than the inside of the mold. (Ends removed).
[attachment=0:1t9b1osb]step_1.jpg[/attachment:1t9b1osb]

Use the end pieces to create creases along the long sides.
[attachment=1:1t9b1osb]step_2.jpg[/attachment:1t9b1osb]

Use fingers to make an impression/crease at the short end. Repeat with the other side.
[attachment=2:1t9b1osb]step_3.jpg[/attachment:1t9b1osb]

Fold the paper at four places, using the creases as guides.
[attachment=3:1t9b1osb]step_4.jpg[/attachment:1t9b1osb]

Pleat the paper.
[attachment=4:1t9b1osb]step_5.jpg[/attachment:1t9b1osb]

Attachments

• step_5.jpg
    step_5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4,366
  • step_4.jpg
    step_4.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 4,295
  • step_3.jpg
    step_3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 4,170
  • step_2.jpg
    step_2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4,208
  • step_1.jpg
    step_1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 4,209
I think I'm going to try to make a few. If Nancy Today can make one so can I. Someone on another site put up the directions for making them at home. Thanks for your reply.

Easy peezy - lots of youtube vids show you how to make your own. This is probably one of the best imho. Pick up some cheap white wood at your local big box home store and go for it. Cheap.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yog0-s9OsDA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yog0-s9OsDA[/ame]

As for lining them - HAH! I have struggled with that since day one and continue to do so. (sigh)

Wood molds...removable ends

My husband made me several of these....really easy yo use and line!

This might be a dumb question, but is freezer paper the same thing as butcher paper? I was looking for something with one side shinier than the other but I only found butcher paper. It's about the same on both sides. :confused:

I also wanted to ask what the people here use to line their wood molds.

Last edited:
Any and every grocery store has freezer paper... Look where the wax paper and aluminum foil is and you will see it. Any store brand will work. Me personally I don't use freezer paper but instead kitchen garbage bags... The cheap ones! I like those better!! Everyone has their ways of doing things. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1379965291.768863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

won't garbage bags melt if the soap gells and gets hot? I'm thinking of using that too, can't get freezer paper in the Netherlands (except maybe for craft supplies at 100x the cost). Or would baking paper work?

I've used Saran wrap (plastic cling film) which is thinner than kitchen garbage bags with my gelled soap and it has never melted.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I've never seen freezer paper where I live either.
And I'm originally from Canada so I know exactly what I'm looking for :)

I'm fond of cavity moulds, since I can't cut a straight line to save my life, so these days I pretty much don't line anything.

Eve, soap in gel is not hot enough to melt plastic - so no worries there .....

I actually bought a plastic table covering (the type some restaurants use to put over their tablecloths), and have cut pieces to fit my molds that need lining - so now I have re-useable lining for each mold, which I wash and dry after each batch. It saves a lot of time cutting paper to size, and reduces my disposables. And it wasn't very expensive because you can buy the plastic by the meter (so I just bought a short length, which cost about 1 or 2 Euros).

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back