Embeds and whipped soap, plus bombs, butter & lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyW

Reaction score
Yesterday:
My first lotion (thanks to Susan/Swift):
20120304-062322-224x300.jpg

Today:
Bath bombs:
20120304-121558-300x224.jpg

Body Butter (also thanks to Susan/Swift):
20120304-121604-300x224.jpg

Ugly bars, chopped up for embeds:
20120304-191613-224x300.jpg

Then put into soap (peppermint & oatmeal):
20120304-191620-224x300.jpg

Whipped soap (cucumber melon scent) that I forgot needed the recipe adjusted for to make up for the increased mass of whip LOL:
20120304-191628-224x300.jpg

And even more whipped soap excess (used the same mold as for the bombs):
20120304-121551-300x224.jpg

I'm pooped, but satisfied :lol:

I love it. You sure were busy! I want to make bath bombs so bad...one of these day I will have ehough gutts to do it! Your bath bombs look so nice.

I love those days when I can do nothing but what I want to do... which is soap lol. I recently took 3 days of my vacation from work and did just that... 15 soap batches later, and I couldn't be more satisfied with how I chose to spend my time :D

Have been wanting to try lotions forever... bought some ingredients from a co-op a couple of months ago (btms-25, cetyl alcohol, rhodia mack conditioner, and ritamulse scg), but never got around to getting the rest, so it's been driving me a little nuts lol

Also have been wanting to try the whipped soap but haven't gotten up the nerve... did you use a kitchen aid for it, or just a hand mixer?

I found freezer paper finally... It's not as nice as the stuff I could get in the US but it works.

I use a hand mixer for the whipped soap but really want to get a kitchen aid stand mixer, less caustic bits to fly at me lol

20120305-092809.jpg

Wow, Amy, how satisfying! Everything looks great and your embedded soap came out awesome, I love the soft colors. Just made my first lotion, too, thanks to Swift, how amazing was that instant gratification??
Midnight Rowan said:
I love those days when I can do nothing but what I want to do... which is soap lol.

Ditto.

Midnight Rowan said:
Have been wanting to try lotions forever... bought some ingredients from a co-op a couple of months ago (btms-25, cetyl alcohol, rhodia mack conditioner, and ritamulse scg), but never got around to getting the rest, so it's been driving me a little nuts lol

Made my first lotion, got over excited, ordered more supplies and shipped them to my job by accident. Of course, I just got the tracking and they will be delivered there on my day off. Good grief, more waiting!!

wow looks like a fun day! that whipped soap looks awesome! I have a kitchenaid now, maybe I should try some :D

saltydog said:
Made my first lotion, got over excited, ordered more
supplies and shipped them to my job by accident. Of course, I just got the tracking and they will be delivered there on my day off. Good grief, more waiting!!

aw man!!! I hate the waiting. But making lotion is sooo cool!

Thanks everyone :D The instant gratification of lotion making is really nice. I love, love, love making soap but being able to make the lotion and use it immediately was awesome! And it's sooo easy, with the added bonus of not having to keep kids and animals out of the kitchen to keep them safe from the lye.

I hope you get your supplies soon saltydog... I have $500+ in supplies waiting for me in Oregon... I can't get them until we are approved for residency here and I cross back into Canada (everything I bring with me on that first trip back through is duty free, I had everything from US suppliers sent to my sisters to save on shipping)! Hopefully very soon, all my favorite scents are waiting for me lol

Here's the whipped soap cut, it saponified a lot quicker than I thought it would. Still a bit rough around the edges, I'll neaten it up once it firms up more.

20120306-143836.jpg

20120306-143850.jpg

Back