Pure White Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about this too, Carolyn. How white is possible without TiO2? It started when I noticed how much more clear safflower was than olive in liquid soap. I was thinking tallow/palm, safflower, coconut and castor. What'd you figure out?

I am not talking bright white paper white. But very white for a soap. TD could be added to make it even whiter if one wanted to, but to much and I think they start looking chalky. This is a beautiful background for colors. Sadly this was another failed Hidden Feather, which still remains very elusive for me :-(
The recipe I used is:
45% tallow
25% lard
15% Coconut Oil
10% Olive Oil (Grade A Pure Olive Oil)
5% Castor OIl
Coconut milk
Sugar 1.7% of total batch weight
scant 1/8th tsp BHT
EDTA
95% NaOH
5% KOH
I used Vinegar for 60% of the total liquid. Coconut milk the remainder

My soap is sitting on a white hdpe soaping bucket. Please ignore the ugly hidden feather :headbanging: and my not so fine photography

HiddenFeatherFail.jpg

White enough for me! Thanks for sharing with us. The secret feather is deceptively hard, I think. Your soap is really pretty, and I can see the floppy hat lady too!

Turquoise is the hat, royal blue, salmon, brick red are the bouquet, other line outlines the woman silhouette. She's holding the bouquet just picked in the garden.
If I see it the way others see it.
Very abstract art, Carolyn! Now you have to figure out how to replicate the art piece AGAIN!!! :p and maybe do a video just to stun us all...haha!

And thanks for sharing the white soap recipe! I'll give it a shot sometime later. ;)

Back