Advice on first recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think both of those look good.

For future reference, here's a palm-free vegan recipe I really like:
Castor 5
Coconut 20
Shea butter 50
Sunflower 25
2% superfat.

For a future batch I may replace some sunflower with olive. I read someplace that olive and sunflower work synergistically to boost lather, and I think it's true. (I haven't done a blind test, though.) I think this takes a bit longer to age than a soap with lard - give it 8 weeks or so. It didn't seize up like I was afraid it would.

I just wanted to come back amd say my first batch was a success. Nice white hard bars. Lather is beautiful. Family and friends love it. And it smells so pure and good. Thank you 100 times over

Awesome! I can't wait to make my first one! My stuff should be delivered TODAY so I'll be soaping this weekend! yay! I will come back and update. :)

I think both of those look good.

For future reference, here's a palm-free vegan recipe I really like:
Castor 5
Coconut 20
Shea butter 50
Sunflower 25
2% superfat.

For a future batch I may replace some sunflower with olive. I read someplace that olive and sunflower work synergistically to boost lather, and I think it's true. (I haven't done a blind test, though.) I think this takes a bit longer to age than a soap with lard - give it 8 weeks or so. It didn't seize up like I was afraid it would.

OOOOooooOOOoooh, thanks for the recipe! I will give it a try. How much olive oil do you think? Waiting 8 weeks is going to be so hard LOL. I'll make the lard one, first. :)

I'm back to share the results of my first soap! Thank you so much for all your help with the recipe! The swirl is funky...but I'm pretty happy! and it smells amazing! I hope the scent sticks. :) Now... must wait 4-6 weeks... THANKS AGAIN!!

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

Latest posts

Back